Cockroaches multiply very quickly, and they also adapt quickly, too. It is important to contact a pest control agency quickly if you see them in your home or business.
These are the types of cockroach infestations you will most likely encounter: American cockroach, Brown Banded cockroach, German cockroach, Oriental cockroach, Smoky and the Brown cockroach.
Size & Color
Cockroaches range from as small as 1/2” to as large as 2” in length, depending on the species. Cockroach colors can vary from yellow, light brown, chestnut brown, reddish brown, and dark mahogany brown.
Controlling Methods & Tips
In many instances there is no way of keeping roaches out of your home even if you are very clean and maintain a house hold free of crumbs and food. Here are some general tips and guidelines to prevent and mitigate your cockroach problem.
- Inspect all incoming food goods, boxes, and used furniture and appliances for the presence of cockroaches or their egg capsules. 2.
- Remove any cockroaches or egg capsules using a vacuum or otherwise killing the insects.
- In commercial facilities, avoid storing food items in cardboard boxes on shelves. Cardboard is a preferred harborage site for cockroaches.
- In homes, do not store paper bags under the sink or elsewhere in the kitchen if possible don’t bring them in the house rid them outside
- If you need to keep the bags and utilize them try and keep them in the garage or rooms other than the kitchen, utility room, or bathrooms.
- Makes sure you seal any holes or cracks around plumbing pipes under sinks, behind toilets and baseboards.
- Make sure a regular vacuum treatment is done on a consistent basis and clean floors under kitchen appliances.
- Using baits that will work with low toxic will help and eliminate a small infestation if the infestation is large hire a licensed Pest Control Company
For more information on cockroach control services contact us.