Stink Bug Control
The stink bug derives its name from an unpleasant scent from a substance that they release when disturbed. A stink bugs body looks like a shield.
Size & Color
Stink Bug size ranges are typically small, usually ranging from 1/3” to 3/4" in length. Stink bug colors can vary from hues of brown, green, and, gray.
Stink bugs obviously release a terrible odor, but in addition to that they wreak havoc on agriculture and their diet consists of a wide variety of crops. Stink bugs are more prevalent in homes during cooler seasons where they want to enter for warmth and shelter.
Controlling Methods & Tips
Here are some general tips and guidelines to prevent and mitigate your stink bug problem.
- Seal any cracks or holes that they can use as entry points.
- Replace and repair any openings on windows, doors, and screens as they can enter through the smallest of openings.
- Remove or limit moisture build up around your home. This includes things such as leaking pipes or clogged drains.
- Maintain cleanliness around your home and take care of any spills, crumbs, and residue that can attract stink bugs.
- Make sure your home has proper ventilation, especially in these areas: attics, garages, basements, and crawl spaces.
- Be aware that your initial reaction may be to squish them, and that they will consequently release an unpleasant smell. It is recommended to use a vacuum, although you should also dispose of the vacuum bag immediately as their smell will still linger.
If further problems or questions arise, a professional should be consulted to conduct a thorough inspection and recommend possible treatments
For more information on stink bug services contact us.